You can still drink & be healthy. & you can enjoy a drink without piling on weight – you just need to know which drinks won’t go straight to your beer belly…
Quick ways to lesson your calorie intake while drinking SPIRITS:
- Drink it straight (no mixer = no carbs, no added sugar, perfect for Keto friendly diets). Pure forms of alcohol like whiskey, gin, tequila, rum and vodka are all completely free of carbs. Wine & light beer are also generally low in carbs
- Order your mojito (or other sugary cocktail) without sugar or simple syrup.
- Drink the classic cocktails with high alcohol, low sugar: Martinis, Negronis, Old Fashioneds, Bloody Marys
- Choose a spirits brand with a LOWER PERCENT ALCOHOL. The less the alcohol percentage, the less calories appear in the drink.
a bottle of 80 proof vodka (40% alcohol) has 64 calories per 1oz, while a bottle of 100-proof (50%) arrives at 82 calories per 1oz.
- Switch out your usual mixer for soda water, diet tonic water, or even… well water. add a lime or lemon or orange peel and you’re good to go.
- Drink a vodka based beverage, its the spirit with the lowest calories.
- Order (& drink) a glass of water with every round.
- Get a Hard Seltzer: these have remarkably low calories.
Quick ways to lesson your calorie intake while drinking BEER:
- Buy light beer: Heineken Light, Coors Light
- If you cant do light beers, order a Guinness, they have less calories than most beers.
- If you’re out, order (& drink) a glass of water with every round of beer.
- Try low to zero alcohol beers… this market is really evolving and some great products are turning up.
Quick ways to lesson your calorie intake while drinking WINE:
- Try Prosecco instead of champagne.
- Opt for DRY WINES. Avoid sweet wines.
- dry reds include pinot noir, merlot and cab.
- dry whites include pinot blanc, sauvignon blanc & pinot grigio.
- Stock up on a weekly basis.